Re: OT: parent languages

Folks, I think we've got to admit that there is some *deep* affinity
between the desire to continue using XyWrite and a love of languages. "The
Writer's Choice," indeed. We seem to have self-selected for socio- and
historical linguistics over the past twenty years, and the result is a
stunningly learned set of messages every morning. An ethnographer of
on-line culture could have a field day with the discussion of the past
week or so.
How appropriate that this discussion began, in an almost Mallarméan
manner, with the obscure glyph y-diaeresis.

Hats off.

CC

Carlo Caballero
Review Editor, JAMS