>> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:15:15 -0600 (MDT)
From: Caballero mailto:Carlo.Caballero@xxxxxxxx
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OT: parent languages

---559023410-851401618-1190049315=:16190

Folks, I think we've got to admit that there is some *deep* affinity=20
between the desire to continue using XyWrite and a love of languages. "The=
=20
Writer's Choice," indeed. We seem to have self-selected for socio- and=20
historical linguistics over the past twenty years, and the result is a=20
stunningly learned set of messages every morning. An ethnographer of=20
on-line culture could have a field day with the discussion of the past=20
week or so.

How appropriate that this discussion began, in an almost Mallarm=E9an=20
manner, with the obscure glyph y-diaeresis.

Hats off.

CC

Carlo Caballero
Review Editor, JAMS