Side-by-side via Style

Speaking of DTP (a subject which you can slip all I know between two
proportionally spaced characters), in the current DAK catalog
(DAK = Dabsolute Krap; well, that's not true, I know people who've
bought a thing or two from DAK and were happy; but I've been out to
their warehouse as it's just outside Los Angeles and man, what shlock)
there's a promotional ad for a Publish It v1.2 clone called KeyPublisher
by SoftKey on special price of $9.90 (plus $4.50 p&h), specify diskette
size. (Well, he doesn't refer to it as a clone but as a "Renamed
private label version," whatever in the world that means, of the same
program.) While I'm no fan of DAK I happen to have found SoftKey's
clone software OK stuff, usually priced way below a *comparable* product
price range. I have no idea if KeyPublisher is any good or in fact a
true clone of Publish It (or "renamed private label") but if screenshots
are any indication of anything (which they're not), the two screenshots
of each product, displayed side-by-side, and there's no way you can tell
the difference save for the name of each program.  The menu and
interface is exactly the same between 'em. Anyway, $14.40 is about the
price range I put on DTP for my needs so maybe I'll send off for it
unless you or anyone has heard of KeyPublisher and nixes the idea.

I'm inclined to say I'm sure it won't turn out to be what it's cracked
up to be: "absolutely identical to Publish It 1.2" because I would no
sooner believe Drew Kaplan's ads (DAK) than I'd believe an Iraqi
diplomat but going solely on my knowledge of SoftKey it might in fact be
for real and fine for modest DTP desires. $14.40 is a reasonable
looksee price, no? (Plus DAK offers a 30 day money back on anything
they sell anyway.) Of course, I don't know if Publish It v1.2 is
current or was used by Noah to send out invitations to the animals.