XyWrite Command Sets

--

==========
What follows is a message from Carl Distefano to Chet Gottfried on XyWrite command sets: (NS)

1. "The u.doc ... mentions U1 to U4. How did you find out about U5 to
U9?" Somewhere on the TTG BBS there was a message from Sysop (it may
have been a private message that I got second-hand) that listed TTG's
suggested division of labor for the various U# Help files. I reproduce
the list below, FWIW. Flavors beyond U4 have not been generally
implemented (some files are special-purpose, e.g., U5 and U6) but I
believe the structure is in place -- though I'm sure TTG would say that
everything is tentative and subject to change at any time. Be that as
it may, I take this list as encouraging evidence that Ken Frank & Co.
really are planning a future for Xy.

U1 - Reserved for user's routines (file conversion routines in XyWin)
U2 - Command override file
U3 - Buttons and format bar
U4 - Reserved for Ibid.
U5 - Reserved for General Counsel
U6 - Reserved for General Counsel
U7 - (open)
U8 - (open)
U9 - (open)

2. "Any talk from TTG of commissioning a piece from you on XPL in
4?" Heavens no!

3. "My own XPLs (which cover different ground than yours and which
shows what a wide open field XPL is) ...". "XPL is amazingly
flexible." Yes, the amazing flexibility and SPEED of XPL are among
XyWrite's strongest features. And you don't need to be a programmer,
either. A little bit of XPL goes a long way!

Carl Distefano