Re: XyWrite Mac DOSBox Printing

** Reply to message from Russ Urquhart
 on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:46:54 -0500

> I too would have thought the DOSEMU would be a better choice as well.
> I think there is even now a binary build for OS X that would make it
> very simple to install and try.
>
> Btw, Robert, I didn't know if you knew this or not, but if you DO get
> a Mac running OS X, you can turn off the entire GUI and run it as a
> pure command-line Unix machine.

The thing I simply don't understand is, why did Mac go to an x86
architecture and BSD if it isn't going to run *nix stuff out of
the box, or you can't compile it? What's the sense of it? And
if it won't run *nix stuff, then why would anybody buy an OSX
Mac? What's the advantage of a Mac over straight Linux? Or
conversely, if the hardware and proprietary programs of a Mac
are so much better than *nix, then why doesn't everybody buy a
Mac? I'm trying to understand what niche they wish to occupy --
and I really don't get it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx