Re: Off topic question...Tame related.

 Robert: See interpolated comments.  Maben

-----
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> I'm using a ThinkPad T23, and v5.1 pre5 works fine. I can test a T41p if you
> wish. How do you launch XyWrite, exactly? I do it from a Desktop shortcut --
> this way, a fresh VDM is started.

 My laptop is a Thinkpad T42.

 Re. how I launch -- So do I. I was launching it from a batch file
 referred to in the shortcut. But I changed the launch to c:\xy4\
 editor.exe /e5120 yesterday. And I tested out the new setup twice
 yesterday and once again this morning by uninstalling and reinstalling
 Tame 5.1, pre 5.

Are you perhaps launching a BATch file from
> an already-running CMD.EXE session that probably already has Tame running
> in it
> -- so maybe you're starting two instances of Tame in the same session??

 No, I am not doing that.

You
> need to look at AUTOEXEC.NT or whatever autoexec file is indicated in Program
> ==> Advanced in the XyWrite shortcut Properties.

 It's AUTOEXEC.NT.

What exactly are the commands
> in that autoexec file? Post the texts of both your autoexec and (if exists)
> your Xy4 BATfile. If you're using a shortcut and not a Xy4 BATfile, then what
> exactly does the "Cmd line" say?

 I'll get back to you on the above.

> Launching via BATfiles is NOT the smart way to go under NT. You want to use a
> Shortcut.

 Point taken.

> If none of this avails, then you need to start COMMAND.COM from a Shortcut,
> WITHOUT starting XyWrite in it. The purpose being, to find out whether it is
> really XyWrite that's crashing the VDM. Use it -- run some DOS programs, like
> LIST or whatever -- does NTVDM crash? If the session runs for awhile without
> error, then start EDITOR.EXE manually within that session. Crash?

 I did run Lotus Agenda, and it too crashed. And I got the same NTVDM
 message just before it booted me out of Agenda.