Re: Save selected DF block to file without EOF marker?

** Reply to message from Caballero  on Tue, 21
Sep 2004 21:04:30 -0600 (MDT)

>> If ... you had [1A=1] in effect, opening a
>> DocInfo'd file, would you see undecoded junk at the bottom ?

> Jordan,
> Yes, the command to disable the power of EOF in XY4 is
> d 1A=1
> It is a useful but dangerous command. Do not save or store; reset to the
> default to 0 (zero) first.

Carlo is exactly right (except that 1A=1 isn't really "useful" -- how is it
useful to ordinary users?). If you lose DocInfo, no big deal really, BUT if
you save any Help file with VA$1A=1, you WILL destroy it, no ifs ands or buts.
(You can fix it, if you know what you're doing, but there is really **no
reason** to ever change the 1A default, except in a *program* that changes the
default momentarily to perform some operation below EOF, then immediately
restores 1A=0. U2 frame DEL26 does this, to remove an EOF character in an
imported non-XyWrite file. And there are a few other frames that do it,
notably in v118 forthcoming, but darned if I can think of any everyday reason
to set 1A=1. Very dangerous.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx