Re: XY and on-line sessions

>appeared to be a conflict, whether this can be done on OS/2 or only on
>OS/2 Warp? May I choose the former? (I do not have to employ any complex

  It can be done in both -- there is very little difference in that sense.
Get Warp Connect, that is what is best if you are thinking of getting a slip
or ppp account. As far as *your* actual work is concerned, it will work the
same. People use the names OS/2 and Warp interchangably.

>graphics or create elaborate layouts. Since I must buy a new machine, now,
>unexpectedly, I am trying to contrive the least expensive configuration

  If you have to buy a new machine, demand one that comes pre-loaded with
Warp Connect and has at least 8 meg of RAM. That way you won't have any
conflicts with non-standard hardware.

>that still works. I know, unwise but . . .) I was told IBM will no longer
>"support" OS/2 but when I get through to them, will ask.

  Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense -- OS/2 is a major player, government
agencies, banks, and corporations are going for it in a big way.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rougn ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.