Re: idea/content organizing concept written in XPL

Reply to note from "Young For Life Products, Ltd"
 Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:21:27 -0500

> What I created before in XPL does this: ... What do you think?

Sounds interesting. Implemented exactly as described, it could
require some complicated and hard-to-maintain code. Seen in a
Thoreauvian light, however -- "Simplify, simplify" -- it's very
doable.

Seems to me you're talking about two pieces: one, a collection of
right-brained jottings (your overview screen) with links to files
that elaborate on those jottings; the other, a routine that
assembles (MErges) those files into an ordered whole. The first
piece, in essence, already exists: it's a Jumbo U2 routine called
FILEMENU. It could be used to construct the overview screen, with
links to user files and even other overview screens. The second
piece, the MErge routine, could be added without too much
difficulty.

You may wish, before undertaking a major wheel reinvention (your
wheel or mine), to take a look at FILEMENU and see if you think it's
adaptable to your needs. I'd be happy to chew this over with you
off-list.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx