mangled bard

Isn't anyone else going to take up Carlo's challenge? To keep my sanity
while covering three budget meetings, I came up with this:

...Called as a child by any other frame.
And call in turn a child-frame of its own?
How long such chain may be we have not yet
By proof empirical most straitly tried,
But til this time we have not ever seen
Our session crashing with Blue Screen of Death
And all our work, unsaved, go glimmering
Into the Ewigkeit.
Lots of poetic license there, but I HAD to get BSOD in there someplace. So many computer terms (e.g., operation, application) are metrically two trochees each and so can never fit into iambs, without coy elisions or violent wrenching of stress.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx