Re: Another question

On Sun, 24 Oct 1994, Harmon Seaver wrote:

> > On Mon, 24 Oct 1994, Nathan Sivin wrote:
>   Oh, it would, it definitely would -- because there is no waiting at > all
-- the other app is already there waiting to be used -- all of them.
> But I guess you'd just have to try it to fathom what it's like. Plus,
> when you are using native OS/2 apps (32 bit, multi-threaded) instead of
> the funky old dos apps, things are much faster in operation.

You're probably right. The questino will be whether I have the wherewithall to
buy the computer, install OS/2 and get back to work without losing any time. A
big if, given my current schedule!
>   So did you figure out how to stop the alt key from lighting up the > menu
bar? I've tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to do that -- can't
> remember right now why it wouldn't do it. Seems like you should just be >
able to edit the keyboard file, but if it were that simple it would have
> been done here long ago.
> Sure. In the .kbd table, ALT= section, zap 56=GT,SH. I just tried it, and the
offensive menu bar no longer popped up.

jb