Re: transpose in U2

Reply to note from Russ Urquhart  Sat, 17
Nov 2001 08:58:54 -0600

> It appeared that when trying to either: transpose words where
> one of the words was the first word of the paragraph, or when
> trying to transpose paragraphs. It appeared that the function
> kind of got confused.

As I mentioned before, TRANSPOSE is, at bottom, func XN. What it
adds (the program is Robert's) is a friendlier interface, some
variations on plain-vanilla character transposition, and
bidirectionality, i.e., the option to operate on the character,
word, sentence or paragraph to the left or to the right of the
cursor. The transpositions themselves are accomplished with func
XN, so whatever limitations are inherent in XN will operate in
TRANSPOSE as well.

That said, I'm unable to reproduce the errors you describe. In my
tests, both first-word-of-paragraph and entire paragraphs (whether
ending with a single or double carriage return) tranpose as
expected, going forward or backward.

Perhaps you could supply examples of text that are giving you
trouble. Be sure to say exactly where the cursor is placed when you
invoke TRANSPOSE, and the keys you're hitting in response to the
PRompts.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx