Re: Re Off topic: Query to editors

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Fri, 28
Mar 2003 11:22:53 -0500

> I was in no way accusing Carl of Bolshevist leanings.

I love it! Quote a Marxist, and it throws people into a tizzy. Get
a grip on, Bill. I know you weren't accusing me of anything,
Patricia. My point was that there isn't anything particularly
"Marxist" or "Bolshevik" in Trotsky's explanation of his choice of
the third person -- that the explanation stands or falls on its own.
I simply offered it as a point of view worth considering. Here,
after all, was the author of a classic work of participatory history
speaking to the very question Bruce posed.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx