Vista update problems

Just a warning for any of you who have the Nvidia 8400 video card (my
Dell 1720 laptop has it). There was a Vista update for it today, dating
from June for some reason. I let it run, and then my laptop display was
no longer recognized, and it was impossible to get my usual 'Lucida
Console' font for windowed-Xywrite. I had to roll-back the driver to get
back to normal. Perhaps you need a laptop-specific driver? Anyway, I'm
going to convert over to Windows 7 in a couple of days - - I assume that
runs XyWrite OK? I was told that DOS support remained very important to
MS and would be better than ever in Win 7 - - for whatever that is
worth. - - B