Re: [Off Topic] Windows Genuine Advantage

J R FOX wrote:
My first reaction was surprise -- I mean, NYC is such
a major market, how could you not have something
equivalent ?
Well, we have "shows and sales": there used to be three
major companies that did them: Ken Gordon, Tri-Star,
and Market Pro. Ken Gordon was the oldest, and used to
hold one every two months or so hereabouts, then cut
back and finally folded, last year I think. Tri-Star
was still in business last I heard, but they get very
few dealers--mostly people with kiddie games and
second-hand printers. That leaves Market Pro, which has
one every month here (Secaucus), down in mid to south
Jersey (Edison) and a couple in New York. They get a
good few clone builders (from whom I've had two
systems, still working, barring the hard drive on one),
and one or two dealers in OEM software. But none of
them, nor of the SW dealers at the other shows, did I
ever see with a corporate license copy of anything.
I don't know whether the east cost Very Big
Corporations are so under MicroSquelch's thumb that
they dassen't not use the garbage that comes with their
systems or what, but those licenses don't come on the
open market hereabouts.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx