Re: Command stack

** Reply to note from James Besser 05/20/96

> Is there any way to automatically load a bunch of commands into the command stack?
> Ideally, what I'd like to do is have a series of my most frequently used
> commands--but ones that I haven't assigned to keys--always available in the
> command stack format, and I'd like the stack to function more as a menu,
> without picking up every subsequent command I use. Then I could pop up
> the window and scroll thru those commands.

Sure. But not with the native functions (S+ and S-). STACK.PM has always done these
things. Pick up STACKXY4.ZIP or STACKXYW.ZIP at ftp://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/pub/eaan, and
read STACK.DOC. Lotsa power, and all of it optional|configurable. For example, I preload
yesterday's Stack every time I boot up. I also add other common commands to the top of
the
Stack via STARTUP.INT. I can scroll through the Stack, or narrowly pluck out just the
commands I want by putting a 'hint' on the CMline. I hav e keys that clear or execute the
CMline and add the command to the
Stack, while other keys clear or execute but do not add. Check it out.

Robert Holmgren