Re: Search resumed, Win2K problems

** Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  on Mon,
23 Sep 2002 13:12:09 -0400

> SE /NV. I suspected you had dealt with
> the sequential search problem, but have never been able to find the docs
> to U2 that say what to do

There's a blurblet about it in XYWWWEB.INF, under SE ==> Features and
Enhancements (you might find this whole section interesting to read,
because there are lots of differences with native SEarch, but here's
the relevant passage):

-----------
If you top processing, or pen a file to edit it, the "/NV"
switch enables processing of the most-recently-issued
global filemask to resume with the next unprocessed file
in that mask (rather than starting again ab initio, with the
first file in the mask or list of multiple filemask
specs, as the native command always does, and as this command will if
"/NV" is omitted). The search/change strings may be altered, and it
will still commence processing with the next file in the mask. If
you indicate multiple filemasks, e.g.
"*.doc,*.t??,*.inf,c:\*", and then stop processing (e.g. open a file)
in the midst of one (e.g. the "*.inf") element of the mask, only the
current element (*.inf) can resume; you must issue a fresh command to
operate on as-yet-unprocessed elements (c:\*).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx