Re: FAT16 on NTFS--semi-off topic

Hmm .. You probably need to create a real fat16
partition. To do that, don't use fdisk on your
main disk, it will wipe out all data on it.

Commercial partition creators could make one on
your disk, without destroying data, by reducing
the size of your existing one(s).

This all sounds a bit hairy for just running a
program. It would be safer to add an old hard
disk and create a partition on it. It has to be
less than 2 Gb in size - to remain within fat16
limits.

A floppy won't do? Or a zip drive? What about a
ramdisk?
John

Harry Binswanger wrote:
My BASIC compiler, CB86, is so old it will work only on its FAT16 drive, even though it's DOS. Is there some way to make a logical partition under XP (NTFS) to simulate or be FAT16?

I need to use CB86 in connection with my XyWrite translator, XyBasic.

TIA,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx