Re: FAT16 on NTFS--semi-off topic

John wrote:
It would be safer to add an old hard
disk and create a partition on it. It has to be
less than 2 Gb in size - to remain within fat16
limits.
I have a FAT16 physical drive, as G:, in my old system. Even so, I can't
run the program under Win98 (and now I have XP, even worse). What I have to
do is boot up the system, stop it at DOS (before it loads Win98), then log
on to G:
A floppy won't do? Or a zip drive? What about a
ramdisk?
It has to do with the OS I think. Although Win95, if memory serves, worked
with this program--which is why I think it was the change to FAT32 (in
addition to new OSs) that sunk her.
I will try to boot from a flash drive that has the copy of everything on
the old G:.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx