scroll lock; programming

In order to edit a programming file, one must press the scroll lock key.  However, that key does not work on several keyboards that we have.  It DOES work on a keyboard that I do not find as comfortable. However, at least I know the problem is in the keyboard and not in anything else.   I would like to continue using the keyboard with the nonfunctional scroll lock key.  I don’t edit program files all that often; so, I would like to know if there is some key combination or other work-around that I can use in lieu of the scroll lock key that will turn on “scroll lock” or, allow me to properly edit or create a program file?

//Avi

         Avram L. Sacks

         Social Security Law Analyst

         847-267-7110