RE: scroll lock key

Harry,
I have known of the complete malleability of XyWrite's features and its why I'm still here.  I just have not had the need to write a program in years - which says something about something about my life in general, something not as malleable.......

I will try your Table=Ctrl function, I am often in "search" mode.

Thanks,
Mimi
Mimi, where've you been?! That's one of the great beauties of Xy, the whole keyboard is infinitely customizable. You can make any keystroke put out anything you want... boilerplate text, editing actions, programmed behavior, etc. Just to get you started, try this in Table=Ctrl:

33=BC,s,e, ,/,/,cl

Of course, it must be done exactly as given here (cut-and-paste recommended).

Save the .kbd file with that change to key 33 in Table=Ctrl (which is ctrl-f), then on the command line do:

ldkbd xy4.kbd

(where "xy4.kbd" really stands for the whatever name your .kbd file has).

Then hit ctrl-f and see how much easier searches have now become.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx