Re: Windows XP?

** Reply to message from "Lawrence Malkin"  on Fri, 8
Mar 2002 15:16:13 -0500

> He may be using full
> screen (which now, alas, is a mess with me, being only a cramped
> screen with a bad type font).

Open one of those cramped, lousy-looking screens, preferably one with a Desktop
shortcut. Hit Alt-Enter (get the session into a Desktop window). Right-click
on the blue Title bar ==> Properties ==> Layout ==> Screen Buffer Size: set
Width=80, Height=25 ==> Window Size: set Width=80, Height=25 ==> OK ==> click
"Modify shortcut that started this window" ==> OK ==> Options ==> Display
Options ==> FullScreen ==> OK ==> hit Alt-Enter again ==> you should have a nice
looking 25-line FullScreen session with a decent-looking VIO font (not
Ultravision, but then -- what else is?) that's repeatable. Do the same thing
with all your FullScreen apps.

> I ... don't see why I also need to be a computer
> mechanic just to get my work done.

Because because.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx