Questions re NB vs. XyWrite

I have taken a quick look at the NB demo, and I have two questions for those
who have worked with the program:

1.	The web material for XyWriters at the NB site indicates that NBWin
is "compatible" with XPL programs, but I didn't see anything in the NBWin
menu or help file about recording keystrokes or creating program files
NBWin. Is programming of some sort possible in NBWin - or do you have to
create the program/macro in XyWrite before using it in NBWin?
2.	The demo does not allow exports to other file formats. I'm curious
about how the filters handle styles. Specifically, if you create and use a
style in NBWin (with SS and US commands) and then export the file to Word,
e.g., do the filters properly format the text - or do they have problems
with styles (as opposed to explicit embedded format commands)?

Jeff Daskin