Re: XYWRITE search

Huh? My name on all those early messages? I don't recall posting anything
to the Xyquest BBS, though I did download some printer drivers and the
notorious PostScript font conversion util that didn't work. Still, it was
years ago, and my memory certainly isn't what it used to be. And that
was, let's see, four PCs ago, so those files have gone glimmering into
the Ewigkeit. But thanks for all the hard work you've put into this; it
will surely be a great benefit to us all.
	WordPerfect: Well, unfortunately, the build-in WP filters claim to be
for Xy4, but aren't; they "don't do itals" (in Xy III, you had to tweak
your printer driver to make BR or some other mode = ital, then use that;
there was no MDIT). They also don't handle the high-number Speedos
characters (though I've not tested using the Code Page swap that you or
Robert told me about). And I need both: I'm always using foreign words
that require both accents and itals, or else talking about words as
words, which also requires itals. Not to mention book titles. The
Hungarian filters do do itals; haven't had occasion to try them with
footnotes, but as conversion is usually the last step, I could probably
split them to another file if necessary.
	But I would LOVE to see Carl's command line for WP: one of my clients
uses WP, and I use it for certain DTP things that Xy just cannot quite
manage. It is certainly better than Word, a wretched excuse for a program
if ever there was one. At least in WP one can SEE what code is throwing
one's formatting baways, even if one cannot search and replace it.
Possibly after the New Year I MIGHT be able to help with documentation.
Patricia