Re: XYWRITE search

"Robert Holmgren"  wrote:

> Your recollection is faulty. See, for example:
>  http://xywrite.org/XIL/msg01518.htm
> in which you utilize a non-existent, gerund-grindery form of "bemoan".

Robert,

you have put together a simply marvelous repository of XyKnowledge, a
feat for which you deserve whole-hearted thanks, but surely its main use
is not to be as a weapon for shooting down real or imaginary foes on
grounds of committing real or imagined linguistic faux-passes?

(And here I was thinking all that time that "bemean" is a valid word of
the English language, meaning "to make mean" or "to debase"...)

Still, while we're fishing for odd expressions, is "put" really a noun?

http://xywrite.org/msg01105.htm

[no, this is not intended as a put-down, merely as a lighten-up]

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx