Re: dialogs

I'm just learing Xy and I use dialog menues as much or more than
I use the command line. Just through this group I've now learned
that you don't have to load them. I still use my other,
WordPerfect, and it's nice to have them.

The things that are frustrating for me (such as my problem with
extracting a table of contents from many files) are not included
in the dialog boxes and I wish they were. There are other things
I have not found yet, such as suppressing the page number on the
first page, or using Roman numerals for an index or toc and
Arabic numerals for the text. I've only been able to get to
these through the dialogs.

  "...we can only know what a thing is when we know it in
   more than one way." - Brian Aldiss, _Space Odysseys_

Tim      jloud@xxxxxxxx      Speaking only for
myself.