Re: New Windows installer for vDos-lfn

Reply to note from "Wengier W"  (Redacted
sender "wengierwu" for DMARC) Mon, 16 May 2016 16:44:09 +0000 (UTC)

Wengier,

> I will continue to support and maintain vDos-lfn too.

Good to hear, especially since Jos seems open to future modifications
to vDos that will allow XyWrite and other DOS programs to integrate
even more tightly with Windows than it does now -- which is saying a
lot, thanks to your tireless efforts. I'm thinking of the option to
launch Windows processes with a built-in /WAIT option, which we
discussed on SourceForge -- which will minimize timing issues when
importing output from Windows programs into XyWrite via a file. Also,
automatically sending .CMD files to Window for execution. It's great to
know that there's still a way forward for us diehard DOSers.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx