Re: Voice recognition: re-dictating interview material

At 09:58 AM 10/8/99 -0400, you wrote:

>>(2) I've also read that Dragon Preferred is far superior to IBM Via Voice.
>Can anyone comment? and/or do we have any other recommended software?

I've used both products and find the Dragon Preferred to be superior.

I think a key issue to be sure about is the "relative" compatibility of the
system on which you intend to use voice recognition software, particularly
if you are considering a new purchase. Specifically, the presence of a
compliant sound card on a system is not a guarantee that the system will be
functionally useable. The design and location of other rf-generating
components within the system has a significant impact. Some systems by
their very design will never deliver acceptable voice-recognition despite
the presence of a sound-blaster card.

Dragon Systems keeps a list on their site of systems which have been
certified as compliant. I used that list to help make a purchase decision a
few months ago and have been very satisfied when using it to do voice
recognition.

Mark