RE: XY, NBwin and large files

-----Original Message----- From: Harry Binswanger

> I hoped that it wouldn't face Xy's 4-ish meg limit on file size.

I want to reiterate that after spending the last eight years using Xy on large files, it's been my
experience that its limit is 7.4 Mg.
Now, that's just the limit on Xy's (III & IV) ability to OPEN a file. When it comes to actually
working with large files, the closer you come to the limit the more problems you might see (I say
MIGHT see...mostly, everything works fine). I've had the most trouble when using the CI function. It
sometimes stops making changes at some point in the file. And for reasons I don't understand, CH has
fewer problems (for that reason I've stopped using CI entirely).

I don't know enough to speculate as to why individuals would have a problem with smaller files. I've
been doing all this large-file work on an old NT4 machine. I've probably done a little bit of this
sort of work at home on a W2K machine too, but likely not on Win98.

-BrianH.