Re: New Enter routine

Carl,

I think the essence is this:
I'm putting to one side your further, also erroneous, assumption that bare XPL code assigned to a key in the KBD file is executed (interpreted) when you press the key. It's not;
That's exactly what I've been assuming (but unable to accomplish). And, by
your firmness, I assume that nothing is changed by having the .KBD
assignment call XMacro to do this work? The spell-checker will still see
the output of the key assignment *before* that key assignment is executed?
And likewise for having the ENTER key call a free-standing program to send
the needed stuff to the spell-checker? Somehow the spell-checker sees,
first, whatever is loaded onto the ENTER key?
I can easily just hit the independently defined NumPad Enter key when using
the spell-checker, but it would be so neat if the ENTER key could be the
be-all and end-all.
Thanks for your patience, however worn-thin it is. I'm really surprised at
what I'm learning here about how .KBD assignments work and at what stage a
program gets to see its output.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx