They said it couldn't be done

They said it couldn't be done. Well, they were right. BUT, I came up with a
work-around.
The "it" here was getting the Microlytics spell-checker to accept an ENTER,
when it has the new ENTER frame assigned to it. I have put that aside for
now, but my work-around accomplishes the same thing. I have been calling
the spell-checker by Alt-S, so I changed its assignment to call a program
with a solution:

BX load c:\xy\pers.splQ2 BX spellQ2 ==28>{crlf}

The "{crlf}" seems to work with any of these 4 assignments:

1. FF 30 44 <=== three byte carriage return
2. FF 30 44 FF 30 41 <=== three byte carriage return followed by three byte line feed 3. a hard cr-lf dropped in, showing up in text as the familiar left-pointing arrow 4. Beginning the program with then having where I have {crlf}
They all work great. The only negative comes if I want to make a suggested
change other than the first one on the checker's list; once I've moved the
cursor to a later suggestion, I have to use the NumPad ENTER key, which has
the normal FF 30 44 assigned to it, in order to get the spell-checker to
accept that correction. But since hitting the familiar, regular ENTER key
(with the new ENTER routine assigned to it) does nothing in such cases, I
have only to remember that when this rare event happens, I need to hit the
NumPad ENTER key.
Next up: what probably can't be done: working this little loop into the
ENTER routine.
Nonetheless, here's an interesting note: with the $X ENTER frame in place,
doing a spell-check doesn't accept hitting the ENTER key. But, if I hold
down the enter key, so that it repeats rapidly, the checker starts
accepting all the suggested changes. What's up with that?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx