XyWrite installation

>  I'm unable to install XyWrite 3+ (ver. 3.57) in a Windows ME computer
(PIII, 866 mhz) with the same startup.int as I had in a Win95 machine,
though I have made a direct copy and installation of the whole old XyWrite
directory (folder)through a Zip disk. I do obtain a working version of
XyWrite, but with none of my screen color, printer selection, keyboard etc.
customizing.

 Am I going to have to install from scratch from my original XyWrite disk? -- a prospect I shrink from because I did all my tweaking years ago and have forgotten the procedures.

 Also, when I close XyWrite, a DOS window remains on my screen -- which I then have to close, additionally. In Win95, quitting XyWrite brought me back to a clean desktop.

 I am having a similar configuration problem with a similar DOS-based word processor called WordMover, which fails to recognize its default file start up instructions (filename: wordmovr.dfl). Any ideas? Ligature