irrelevant and irreverent

> Xy4 restored the good Microlytics speller, and all was serene.

Yes, all is true and good, for every writer which uses English.
The Italian dict.spl dictionary, for example, which works well with Xy3 and
Xy4 Win, does not work with Xy4 dos, apparently because of its bigger size
(198441 vs 110464 bytes); the message Xy4 gives when autocheck replace is
active, is (more or less): "not enough memory to perform function".
Another thing that both Xy4 and Xy4W forgot is to allow different
hyphenation rules for different languages. Xy3 (at least the version 3.54 I
have) offers the possibility to hyphenate in Italian via a tsr routine to
be loaded before to launch editor.exe. The IBM "abomination" (yes,
Microlitics in theory is better...) gave to non English writers the
possibility to correctly hyphenate, and to all (English writers or not) the
possibility to switch between more dictionaries on the same document.
The word processor I currently use for the most part of my writing is Xy4W
(wich I love), with the Italian dict.spl (Microlitics) and a very very long
personal spelling dictionary, which increases day by day as new (badly
hyphenated) words appear on my document. And we all know that there are
severe bugs on the way Xy4W uses the personal spelling dictionary. And that
it is not possible to "unload" an spl dictionary from the memory.
Unfortunately...
Ciao
Adriano ortile