printing

I am told this is a fairly old problem, but then again, I'm spanking new
to the list. (In fact, this is why I climbed aboard.)

I use Xy4 (DOS) and have an HP DeskJet 694C. The result is that no coding
prints out--i.e., everything prints as MDNM, rather than MDBO or whatever
is specified.

With my previous printer (Panasonic), Xy4 didn't print at all, but I just
called up my Xy4 files in Xy3.54 and all was well. (Well, almost--I had to
use a startup.int file that specified a monochrome screen as part of the
3epfx85 print file, and I never figured out how it was different from the
3epfx85 color screen. But I assume that's another problem, and not one I
need to worry about now.) In short, the Xy3.54 route doesn't work now (and
seems rather lame as a solution anyway).

I'd appreciate any help some experienced hand can extend.

Eric Schramm
schramm.1@xxxxxxxx