Re: XY4 graphics view switching

Paul Breeze wrote:

> I am trying to set up XY4 fill the screen in Win98. I can
> succeed using a program like FONTHT and with the correct
> selection of screen font. However if I switch to graphics view
> then back, the screen reverts to a standard 25 line format and
> only fills a part of the screen again. Is there any way to
> force XY4 to continue to use the same font size after switching
> from graphics view as it used when switching to it?

Paul,

I can't quote any specifics for you, but I recall some discussion
here to the effect that Graphics View could behave in a flakey
fashion, regardless of how / where you happen to be using it.
Your particular hardware & OS might well introduce some other
variables, but GV in Xy was said to be either a compromising
kludge, or not fully cooked when they developed it. If that's
right, XyWin was presumably more graphically suited, but I
couldn't say if it was more satisfactory in this regard.

Jordan