Re: Windows XP?

ArtL7@xxxxxxx wrote:

> To Tim Baher and other Xywrite experts: I thought XP didn't support Xywrite
> in DOS -- or any DOS programs, unlike Windwos 98, which does. Also, since XP
> is a relatively new program -- are there a lot of crashes and bugs with it?
> Thanks for your insights.

I'm hardly unbiased, but I tend to be intensely skeptical whenever I hear the
words
"Windows" and "stable" juxtaposed. NT was supposed to be very stable. I
happened
to have it running overnight last night, which doesn't happen very often. Not
the 24 / 7
part, which is pretty standard here -- the fact that Win was what was running.
I had
nothing loaded but NT's built-in screen saver. When I sat down to work this
morning,
I thought my monitor had died overnight: no screensaver, no signal, no nothing.
Turns
out NT had crashed, for no apparent reason. Reboot attempts brought up only the

infamous "Blue Screen of Death." Ultimately, I was able to revive it, where
some
more typical users might have given up. Alas, this is not a terribly rare
occurrence
in the world of WIN.

And I never, **Never Ever**, have to deal with anything like this in OS/2.

Jordan