Re: Memory problems with XyDOS (4) under Win98?

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Nathan Sivin wrote:

> If Win98 gets in the way, simply pop in your antediluvian startup
> disk with the system files for the DOS version of your choice (a
> late one if you are using a very large disk partition) and
> reboot.

Please, sir, one caveat:

DOS versions 6.22 and below recognize only disk partitions that use
the FAT16 file system. If your C drive uses FAT32 (as many Winmachines
are set up to do nowadays), and especially if you're running Win95B or
later, it takes Win95/98 DOS to see it. Make a bootable diskette with
95/98; then copy your favorite usual suspects from C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
(I recommend, at minimum, FORMAT and FDISK).

Regards,
Stephen Moore