Re: XyWrite and XyWin

I fully agree with your observations about the draft/expanded mode font.
Unfortunately it is not as simple as it appears. The basic decision (made
before we took over) was to adopt a monospaced font for these modes. Because
of the premium XyWrite has always placed on performance, a draft mode that does
not have to process character widths is far faster. Unfortunately, there is
really only one monospaced Windows font available-- the one you see.

We have discussed this issue on a number of occasions, but changing to a
proportional spaced font, which would significantly increase the number of
available choices, is not a minor task. Where resources are not unlimited, it
is hard to devote sigficant time to this issue as opposed to the development of
new features... Nevertheless, I would like to see a change, and I hope we can
look at it in the near future.

I also agree with your OS/2 observations. It is a subject under active
consideration.

K.