Writer's View a/ka WV (was TOGCM)

The U2 routine formerly known as TOGCM has become a bit more
versatile, and has a new name: WV, for Writer's View.

Discard TOGCM and plug in the attached frame WV instead.

There are two changes:

1) WV no longer changes the display type. The idea of toggling into
No Markers view when hiding the command header proved irksome. WV is
once again a simple toggle, like earlier versions of TOGCM.

2) A new (optional) user variable, WV_Hues, allows you to set the
colors of CMline text, PRompt-line text, and cursor while the
command header is hidden. Muted colors, I find, work best: you can
still issue commands and see PRompts, but they're less obtrusive. If
you don't set WV_Hues, your current values are maintained. To set
it, add a line like the following to XYWWWEB.REG:

WV_Hues=x,y,z

where x = MoDe number for CMline text, y = MoDe number for PRompt
line text, and z = cursor color. (Values x and y are converted to
modulo 16 to ensure that commands and PRompts are visible against
the background.) I'm finding that
WV_Hues=5,4,150
works well for me. Experiment a bit; it will enhance the experience.

Also, I recommend assiging WV to a handy key with:

nn=NOJM(,2,.,w,v,),DOFF

You may be surprised at how often yoiu find yourself "disappearing"
the command header.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx