Re: VDOS memory and screen length

Reply to note from Paul Breeze  Fri, 21
Nov 2014 12:18:59 +0000

Paul,

> However I have encountered two immediate problems which I
> cannot remember how to solve, it being so long since I tried to
> troubleshoot any configuration issues. The first is that when
> I try to use the Microlytics dictionary I get the 'not enough
> memory' message.

In CONFiG.TXT make sure that EMS = ON. To start XyWrite (I assume
you're usin Xy4) command:
editor.exe/e:2048

> The second is that I like to run with 43 or 50 screen lines (I
> see you have around 33 of text) but when I try changing LINS in
> CONFIG.TXT and dl in STARTUP.INT I end up with three lines of
> text and then a bar.

I assume you mean "sl" in STARTUP.INT. I've found that screen
settings sometimes don't "stick" when set from STARTUP.INT. Try
putting them in SETTINGS.DFL instead; for example:

; Screen length (LIN[E]S)
df sl=43
;
; Screen width (COLS)