More on flat panels

Following up from Bob Zimmerman's recent query about filling Windows screens with XY3 I have been experimenting with some settings.  One group appears to provide a very readable 1024x768 Windows Dos box which virtually fills the screen.  It requires a little tinkering, but not much.  First you need to select the 12x20 font from the Dos box properties/fonts tab.  Then get hold of a program like FONTHT or TEXT MODE which will change the Dos font size.  I use FONTHT  and with it I set a Dos font height of 11.  The windows box then magically expands almost to the bottom of the screen (actually it becomes too long, so you must also disable the Dos box toolbar - go to properties again and deselect the appropriate box).  Finally it is necessary to set the screen length (SL) to 36 lines.  Hey presto, 33 lines of very readable text on a LCD panel in Windows 98se etc.

Paul

-- Paul Breeze, paul.breeze@xxxxxxxx on 06/03/2002