Re: XyWin cross-ref bug,

> Nathan, I agree and will do so in the future. And I'm also repeating my >
request that people mention who they are responding to in their > messages,
because it's not in the message header.

  May I suggest, Reesa, that you get another offline reader, one that uses
SOUP packets instead of QWK? The QWK readers are fine for fidonet, but cause
serious problems with internet mailers -- they truncate headers, for one thing
and some internet hosts get bent out of shape over that.
I would suggest Yarn, which is free, and probably one of the better readers
anyway.
> > Still would like to hear from everyone as to what purpose they are using
> XYWrite, and would especially like to hear from other journalists.

  I'm principally a poet (I know, I hardly need XY for that, eh?) and also
write fiction, sell a magazine article now and then, and am a full- time grad
student, in library science, although my BS was a double major in religious
studies and creative writing. I got XY as my very first word processor in 1987,
along with my very first computer.
  And, BTW, I use XY as my editor in Yarn to reply to e-mail and newsgroups.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

<> "The Way of the Samurai is death." - Jocho Yamamoto 1710 Hagakure <>
<> "Let no man's life stand in the way -- especially your own."    <>
<>                    Miyamoto Musashi 1584-1645  <>
<> "The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here <>
<> and you are out there."              Yasutani Roshi  <>