Re: XY4Dos Fonts

Just some more comments about fonts I disregarded in my last message:
- There is, at Siebert's site, a very useful utility: Console black fill. It's free and it puts the unused (by XYWrite) part of the screen in black when you are using using the program in a desktop window. - The alternate fonts (Hvdosfnt and Hvwinfnt) I pointed out in my message are only for 437 cp. - There are, at least in my display, small but perceivable differences in size and screen contrast between Win98SE and Win2000. The change of environment could change preferences of a user in matter of fonts. - Under Ansified XyWrite, the possible choice of fonts could be dramatically improved because it's easy to produce .FON fonts from .TTF fonts using the Softy program. But we are confronte with legal issues because TTF fonts are copyrighted. In a private use, I have modified several fonts I legally own and now I have a really beautiful screen but, obviously, I can't make those fonts public. I am always referring to monospaced fonts, the ones you could use in a desktop DOS window. To my limited knowledge, under standard XyWrite, it's necessary to modify in depth the fonts to cover 437 or 850 codepages. I have been searching GPL fonts (not only free but with the possibility of legally modifying them) but the fonts I have found are not suitable for our purposes: either there are not very legible or they have proportions that are not very adaptable to my purpose of convering the whole screen. In my case, the fonts that cover the whole screen are in a proportion 1:2 (16 x 37) and I would like to know if this is the general rule for other users. By the way and just for curiosity: am I the only user of Ansified XyWrite on our list?
Manuel Castelao