Cursor speed in XP: an anomaly

Re slow cursor movement in Xy4DOS under XP, here's an amazing anomaly:
I get very noticeably faster cursor movement from one key assignment of CL etc. than from another. I have both ctrl-J and the arrow key set up to be cursor left, but ctrl-J is faster (same for keys for other directions):

Table=CTRLX (I changed the Table name, per standard recommendation):
36=cl  <-- this is ctrl-j

Table=
101=cl  <-- this is the arrow key on one keypad.

Note that the other keypad which has LL assigned to its arrow is just as slow:

Table=
75=ll

Could this be a clue to the problem?

Even the faster ctrl-key movements are about half the rate I get in Win98.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx