Re: Development

>>  Well, since many of us probably won't be using that windoz product, it
>>matters little whether you use VBA or XPL, I guess. REXX would sure be nice.
>
>Not matter?? It seems there has been a *lot* of discussion
lately >about an immense investment made by Xy users over the
years in XPL >routines they've devised to meet individual needs.
Surely there is no >desire on *anyone's* part to make XPL *less*
available or userful?

  Sorry, that was badly phrased -- I meant it mattered little
what they used in XYWIN, not in XY. Although, if I had to choose
between xpl and rexx,
I'd go for rexx.

>Considering IBM's abrupt decision to close down its entire
division >handling Signature and other products, I shudder to
think what might >be the fate of Lotus products if that buyout
occurs. Large

  FYI, Starwriter has nothing to do with Lotus -- it is the
German wp that is outselling WordPerfect, MS-Word, and everything
else in the very large and hot European markets. Available in
OS/2, windoz, and DOS.
  But, the Lotus buyout is also interesting. Wonder what they'll
do with
Ami-Pro?

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.