Re PgLn bug(s) in 4.016

I too have experienced a problem with pg-ln and WYSIWYG mode. If
some of you haven't seen it yet I'm sure you will if you work
with fairly lengthy files for a while (>60K).

Often if I switch from draft or expanded mode near the end of the
document I cannot then jump to the beginning of the file or, if I
can jump there, several characters near the top have been altered
or deleted.

Occasionally one or more pages somewhere in the document will end
short (e.g. at 3.8 inches instead of 8-9). This short page will
remain even when switching modes but disappears if I delete and
then replace the last character on the shortened page!

4.015 also has a formatted view bug that prevents going to the
top of the document. It too is difficult to predict. Yesterday I
finally had to quite XyWrite and reload to get to the top of the
document in formatted mode. When the bug bites the display will only go back
(up) in a file to a certain point. The cursor goes out of sight
at the top of the screen and apparently keeps going back through
the file. Switching to expanded mode shows the *true* position of
the cursor. But in formatted mode the bug prevents that position
from being shown on screen. Odd. But not destructive like the
4.016 bug.

To securely get pl-ln mode in a file that may awaken the bug,
this is my best work-around:

Go to the top of the file.
Switch to draft mode.
Jump from beginning to end and back a couple times.
While at the beginning, switch to pg-ln or WYSIWYG mode.
Jump to the end and back a couple times again.
Return to your work.

This is a bit cumbersome, but it seems to work for files of up to
120K (the longest I've had occasion to try). It's almost as if
the program has to be forced to scan the whole file before it
can get things formatted properly. Unfortunately, once I've
awakened the bug, this procedure doesn't always work.

Myron