Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Carl,
asI said yesterday, "...W4WTEMP.BAT, located in the
directory that has EDITOR.EXE."
Ooops. Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. Yes, it's there, and running
it produces the desired XY42RTF.RTF file. And that looks beautiful in Word.
And when I now try SA/RTF again, on a different file, it "succeeds" in
showing me the .RTF made from running the .BAT file in DOS.

The contents of the .BAT file are:
@echo off
c:\XY\FILTERS\W4W17F.EXE C:\TEXT\CALENDAR.06 /n /v2
c:\XY\FILTERS\W4W19T.EXE C:\XY\XY42RTF.RTF /n /v0

So it looks like the problem is the .BAT file is not being run.
I noticed the line calling kmd.com and I tried changing that to cmd.com but same results. Nor did changing the pause to 3 seconds help.
Other info: it's getting WXP for the OS (s/g 652) which is correct. I don't
see any evidence that it's shelling to DOS at all.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx