Re: Document conversion

Microsoft has always treaded a fine balance between disregard for
users' individual preferences and concessions that will keep
people (whoops, corporations) from giving up the product
altogether. Despite the changes in file format, Word still reads
RTF without needing to import it, and it incorporates most
formatting. I can't speak for Word 2000, which was a giant leap
forward in bloat. I have a copy of Office 2000, but I'm not
willing to get rid of all that disk space for a few features I
don't want.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin