Re: Xy + Win98--any hope?

Nathan Sivin:

>If you crave an impossible program, switch to Word.

Unaccustomed though I am to saying anything nice about that program (which
I still dislike intensely), I'll point out that there's an options or
preferences submenu, probably under tools [sorry, I don't have the program
on this computer so can't immediately check], which makes it very easy for
you to undo a lot of Microsoft's stupider decisions. I ought to have
noticed this myself, but any use of Word so infuriates me that I have no
appetite for its menus. So I confess I was pointed to them by that
excellent book *Word 97 Annoyances*.

All this will soon be history, when *Word* goes the way of *WordStar*,
after *Smart Words* comes bundled with every Gateway (Dell? Micron? Toshiba?).
Peter Evans