Fonts for NB

Following advice from Robert I have, in conjunction with Michael Norman,
modified the Vedana font in order to stop descenders from disappearing
below the screen on the last line of a screen full of text when using
Notabene. Since this is the screen upon which one is writing, it can be
irritating to have them disappear in this way.
The modification involves increasing the font 'line gap' from zero to
500 or 600. I have produced a set of four fonts for each of these line
gaps. One of the other, but not both, can be installed as Vedana NB.
In both cases descenders are lifted clear of the bottom of the screen in
12pt and 14pt, the font sizes I use most frequently. However this
change means that the spacing between lines on screen is increased too.
 I find this makes the screen slightly easier to read but it may not
suit everybody.
Modification of the line gap was carried out with FontCreator 5.6 in the
Metrics tab under Format/Settings and can easily be carried out on other
fonts. Names are changed in Format/Naming so that the new font is
loaded under a different name. The the original and the new can then be
used side by side.
If anybody wants copies of the modified Vedana fonts I am happy to send
them privately, or alternatively post them to the list if that is preferred.

Paul Breeze